On-Boost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you prefer?

4 posters

Go down

What do you prefer? Empty What do you prefer?

Post by iwannabrock Mon 6 Oct - 7:19

What do you prefer root blower's or centrifugal blower's?
I like root's blower's due to looking the toughest. plus they make instant boost.

iwannabrock
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

What do you prefer? Empty Re: What do you prefer?

Post by Naybour Mon 6 Oct - 7:27

It depends on the application. I've got a Centrifugal blower and love its drivability as well as the power it makes. But I love the sound and look of a roots as well as the instant boost Smile I've decided that I'm gonna get a roots for my next car cos it'll be a V8 not a V6. both are good.

Injection is nice...but I'd rather be BLOWN Very Happy
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by On-Boost Mon 6 Oct - 7:28

I know the root blowers are the oldest style of chargers and the tuffest and to me all-round best, but bad part the are the least fuel efficent ones!
On-Boost
On-Boost
Admin

https://on-boost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vyturbo Tue 25 Nov - 4:29

I've had a couple of different PD blower set-ups, namely vt calais with m90 on stock boost, i then bought the 10psi pulley from FIT and later went intercooler and ( i think) 15 psi pulley.

I've had a powerdyne centrifugal set-up on 9 psi and water injection, and then 12 psi and intercooled.

Also had a vortech centifugal blower intercooled at 14 psi on VY.

Now i have turbo set-up on VY at 17 psi.

I've enjoyed each set-up a lot. My favourite combination is the turbo set-up.

The PD set-up gave good instant boost, but tended to die a bit up near redline. Also created a lot of heat and in my opinion is more stressful on the motor than a centrifugal set-up.

The centrifugal set-up had less power down real low in the rev range but builds boost (and power) linearly up to redline. Nice smooth power delivery and in my opinion creates less heat and is less harsh on the motor than PD set-up. Great top end power and dyno figures. A lot easier to intercool then pd set-up.

I'm definitely biased, but my favourite is the turbo set-up. Builds boost almost straight away and has reached full boost a little after 3000rpm (as opposed to centrifugal blower which doesn't reach full boost until redline).
vyturbo
vyturbo
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum