On-Boost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore

+2
On-Boost
Naybour
6 posters

Go down

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore Empty Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore

Post by Naybour Mon 6 Oct - 11:55

Make: Holden

Model: VY S

Colour: Quicksilver

Bodykit: S Pak Standard

Engine Type: COME Racing 4.2L stroked ECOTEC

Engine Mods: Vortech V2 S-Trim Supercharger Kit
Forged Pistons
Billet Conrods
Billet Stroker Crank
Custom Cam from Crow Cams
Ported and Polished heads
Yella Terra 9.1:1 Roller Rockers
Dual Row Timing Chain
Front Mount Intercooler
Vortech Racing B.O.V
Reverse mount Plenum and Throttle
MAFless tuned ECU with Kalmaker
New Injectors sparkplugs etc.

Power: 260 rwkw's at 10psi

Exhaust: Lukey Extractors with full twin 2 1/2" exhaust and two high flow cats

Gearbox: stock manual with Xtreme Heavy Duty Cushion Button clutch

Diff: stock

Brakes: stock

Suspension: stock

Wheels/Tyres: 18" AMG's not sure what type

Interior: Stock cloth

Stereo: Panasonic in dash DVD Head Unit

Cost: Bought the car for 15k, Mods so far are round 15k

Future Mods:Lower it, T56 Gearbox, LSD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, this is my ride. I bought her a year and a half ago and the mods began almost instantly. I originally just got a Vortech V2 SuperCharger kit, but have just put in a COME Racing 4.2l Stroked ECOTEC in her, added a front mount intercooler and some other things...Hope You all like it

Once I figure out how to add pics, ill do it
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore Empty Re: Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore

Post by On-Boost Mon 6 Oct - 11:57

Hey man sounds tuff as nails.

To put pictures up go to www.imageshack.us and host them, then just copy and paste the link into here. I'am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

What are the future plans?
On-Boost
On-Boost
Admin

https://on-boost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore Empty Re: Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore

Post by Naybour Mon 6 Oct - 12:01

I'm gonna try and add pics, here goes

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore 01082011

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232610

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232611

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232612

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232613

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232614

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232615

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore P8232616

Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore Dyno-210

Last edited by Naybour on Mon 6 Oct - 12:18; edited 2 times in total
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Mon 6 Oct - 12:04

On-Boost wrote:Hey man sounds tuff as nails.

To put pictures up go to www.imageshack.us and host them, then just copy and paste the link into here. I'am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

What are the future plans?

Future Plans are Gearbox and diff and then upp the boost. After that, i'll put some suspension in it and possibly some different wheels. Wouldn't mind lether interior aswell.

I just clicked the host image thingy when posting the image. Does hosting via imageshack make the pics automatically come up?
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by On-Boost Mon 6 Oct - 12:08

Very Nice man, Looks like it'll go hard aswel.

Just put Stroked and SuperCharged VY Commodore  before the link and after the link and they'll come up without clicking on them/
On-Boost
On-Boost
Admin

https://on-boost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Mon 6 Oct - 12:19

Thanks mate. Done
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by HRT 666 Tue 7 Oct - 7:28

Man thats crazy I love it, 260rwkws out of a six thats killa.

HRT 666
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Tue 7 Oct - 7:32

Thanks HRT666. 260rwkw's feels real nice. I'm hoping to go 300+ for summernats. I just need a gearbox that'll hold the torque.
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by dmpd-vl@Hotmail.com Fri 10 Oct - 7:14

nice ride mannn
looks tuuf
dmpd-vl@Hotmail.com
dmpd-vl@Hotmail.com
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve VL Fri 10 Oct - 7:20

thats crazy man...i like it
Steve VL
Steve VL
Learner
Learner

http://www.myspace.com/mr87vl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Sat 11 Oct - 3:04

thanks for the comments guys
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by HRT 666 Tue 28 Oct - 5:22

Any updates?

HRT 666
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Sat 1 Nov - 23:40

HRT 666 wrote:Any updates?

Just al little update. The main seal on the supercharger wore out so I had to send it back to CAPA to get it fixed. I was spewing because it was 20 days out of warranty or something like that. I had her back for 2 days when the charger drive belt started to fall appart and snagged the supercharger oil feeder line which started to empty my sump all over my engine bay and the road. Luckily I noticed pretty much straight away and turned the car off. So with those repairs I wont be able to get a gearbox etc before the Nats Sad I have decided that until I can get the gearbox and a LSD I'll get a minispool and i'm thinking I might just up the boost anyway and see how the gearbox holds out.
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by vyturbo Mon 24 Nov - 9:30

Hey very nice ride man. i love it.

I've had a vortech blower set-up previously and they're really good.

I noticed you said you had a double row timing chain. Most of the COME stroker kits i've heard of have left the balance shaft in and therefore can only use single chain. Have you had the balance shaft removed?

Also what do you think of the xtreme clutch? I ended up having to get the 6 speed manual for mine, but before that i had the xtreme clutch with the 5 speed. I wasn't a huge fan. Seemed pretty tough and the fast launches were good, but i didn't like the rattle.
vyturbo
vyturbo
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Tue 25 Nov - 5:49

Sorry mate, not 100% sure about the balance shaft etc. I bought the engine second hand so I dont know all the work that went into it.

The xtreme clutch is OK, I've never really driven with a non-standard clutch before. I have noticed that it rattes a bit and trying to start 'slowley' can make it look like you've never driven a manual before...lol

Just out of curiosity, how much was your t56 conversion? I want to do the same so I can up the boost
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by vyturbo Tue 25 Nov - 7:08

Naybour wrote: The xtreme clutch is OK, I've never really driven with a non-standard clutch before. I have noticed that it rattes a bit and trying to start 'slowley' can make it look like you've never driven a manual before...lol

LOL, yeah I know what you mean. It's great for fast launches (especially with slicks on the track), but trying to take off slow and smooth sucks. In fact i found that the smoother i tried to take off the worse i was. If there was a small break in traffic and i had to go without even thinking about it I was much smoother.

As for the T56. Expensive but worth it. I think it cost about $6250 all up.

It was about $1650 for the kit which included such shit as flyboot retainer, gear stick knob, braided lines, cross member, full tail shaft, bell housing kit etc.

The gearbox was about $4600. The standard one with the standard ratios was about $3050. The one i got was blue printed, strenghened and had the close ratios. Also changed clutch to 26 spline. I think the original is 23 spline.

Also now running 4.11: 1 diff gear ratios. This equates to about the same as five speed box and 3.46 ratio ie about 2000 rpm @ 100 km/ hr.
vyturbo
vyturbo
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by vyturbo Tue 25 Nov - 7:33

Hey, forgot to say it before but i like your rocker covers. Where did you get them from?
vyturbo
vyturbo
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Tue 25 Nov - 13:11

vyturbo wrote:
Naybour wrote: The xtreme clutch is OK, I've never really driven with a non-standard clutch before. I have noticed that it rattes a bit and trying to start 'slowley' can make it look like you've never driven a manual before...lol

LOL, yeah I know what you mean. It's great for fast launches (especially with slicks on the track), but trying to take off slow and smooth sucks. In fact i found that the smoother i tried to take off the worse i was. If there was a small break in traffic and i had to go without even thinking about it I was much smoother.

As for the T56. Expensive but worth it. I think it cost about $6250 all up.

It was about $1650 for the kit which included such shit as flyboot retainer, gear stick knob, braided lines, cross member, full tail shaft, bell housing kit etc.

The gearbox was about $4600. The standard one with the standard ratios was about $3050. The one i got was blue printed, strenghened and had the close ratios. Also changed clutch to 26 spline. I think the original is 23 spline.

Also now running 4.11: 1 diff gear ratios. This equates to about the same as five speed box and 3.46 ratio ie about 2000 rpm @ 100 km/ hr.

Thats about what I was looking at. Did you get the kit from Mal Wood? Its the only place that I've heard of and they seem to be in the know.

The rocker covers came with the engine....lol. Before I got it I did some searching and there are a few places that you can get them. Sometimes you can get them on ebay and on other forums, like commodore specific ones. I've also seen ones that you can get from the states. When the dollar was going strong the states would've been your best bet but i wouldnt think it would be too good with the exchange rate. I have a feeling that they might be the same as the buick 3800 so you might be able to do a search on them. I just searched for metal rocker covers for ecotec...good luck
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by vyturbo Wed 10 Dec - 7:17

Yeah, from Mal Wood. They do a great job too. It is a better gearbox (at least feel wise to change gears) than the t56 in my mrs ve clubsport.
vyturbo
vyturbo
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Naybour Mon 15 Dec - 8:51

I'll be giving them a call next year. They seem like the place to go
Naybour
Naybour
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum